Sunday, March 7, 2010

Spring Has Sprung...




At least for a few days! I know Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow, so we're supposed to have more winter. And yes, spring doesn't officially start for another 2 weeks, but with high 40's predicted for the next week or so (and the girl switching to sandals), I'm declaring that spring is here!

It was a wonderful weekend in the city - low to mid 50's, lots of sun, and a beautiful blue sky. The girl and I decided to spend the afternoon at the Arnold Arboretum in Jamaica Plain. Though I'd never been there (even though I live about 15 minutes from it), I have to say, it was nice to see a big green space in the middle of the city. While there weren't too many things in bloom yet, it was still a great afternoon. You barely knew you were in the city!


Hamamelis × intermedia 'Arnold Promise'

Strolling through the Arboretum, we saw snowdrops, pussy willows, and a few different types of witch hazel. We wandered the different paths for a couple hours, past the lilac bushes, the rose garden, and the magnolia trees by the Visitor's Center. I really can't wait to go back when everything is in bloom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...